Important Moderation Notice

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you will receive an email outlining the reason(s). We have implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Related Posts

Branch Site HA Issue in Eve-ng Lab setup

Hi EveryoneI have set up a Versa SD-WAN ..
Read More

Zscaler

Hello expertsIm looking for proper instr..
Read More

Configure IPsec using workflow

Hi communityI need to configure IPsec tu..
Read More

Branch Site HA Issue in Eve-ng Lab setup

Hi Everyone,

I have set up a Versa SD-WAN lab in my System in Eve-ng. My sdwan devices are up and communicating with each other. However, when I set up Site HA with dual CPEs using MPLS+Internet transport, the cross-connect links are not pingable or reachable from both CPEs's.

The cross-connect ports are up on both CPEs, and routes are shown in respective VRFs. But when I ping from CPE1 (cross-connect interface) to CPE2 (cross-connect interface), it's not successful.

below is the topology.

Comments

• Sanjay,

Check what NIC types are being used for VM. The cross connect link requires support for VLANs, so you need to choose a NIC that also supports VLAN. If you're using VIRTIO-NET-PCI NICs, they don't support VLANs, so try something like VMXNET3.

Good luck!

• hi

could you please help how to check NIC type, in my laptop eve-ng ?

and how can we change it ?

• Hi Christian,

Thanks for your comments, but on same VM, when i used the same port for LAN using vlan, then the port working and ping also works. It seems some other issue.

and how i can check VM Nic ? As i run eveng in my laptop, and over this vm running versa ios.

Regrads,